26.09.2016 + Upper Canada Mall + No Comments
How amazing would it be to make your own Purdys Chocolate truffles? Pretty sweet! With the holidays fast approaching, we can’t help but start thinking of great hostess, party, birthday and holiday gifts to get this season.
What better way to celebrate a milestone than with delicious, Canadian-made Purdys Chocolate where you can learn to make your own exquisite chocolates in their informative and fun truffle-making class!
The first-ever class at Upper Canada Mall will be held during 2 different time slots for your convenience:
– 1pm – 3pm
– 6pm – 8pm
Truffle-Making Class $50 + tax
Choose your own flavourings,
liqueur and toppings to create
20 unique truffles in a decadent
dark chocolate shell.
Parisian-style Truffles, believed to have originated in the late 19th century, are a chocolate confection typically made with a ganache centre, rolled into a ball, often dipped in melted chocolate and coated in cocoa powder or chopped nuts. Various types of truffles have emerged from around the world, with different countries adapting this basic confectionary to suit local preferences. This recipe is a basic introduction to the original Parisian truffle containing fresh cream and liqueur.
Try more delicious recipes at home:
Brie Cheese Appetizer
50ml whipping cream
60g Brie cheese
220g Purdys Classic White Chocolate, finely chopped
2 large fresh basil leaves
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
45g fig relish
1 package of crackers
1. Combine whipping cream, butter and finely diced basil
2. Set stovetop to simmer. Remove from stove once butter has melted.
3. Stir in Brie until completely blended into mixture.
4. Add white chocolate and return pot to stovetop on medium heat.
5. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth.
6. Add lemon zest and lemon juice.
7. Split mixture into 2 egg rings or round cookie cutters.
8. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
9. Remove from fridge and run plastic knife around inside
edge to remove.
10. Cut cheese rounds into wedge shapes.
11. Serve at room temperature on crackers topped with fig relish.
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BROWNIES
10pcs milk or dark Himalayan Pink Salt Caramels
30ml whipping cream
75g Purdys Classic Dark Chocolate Bar, chopped
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup almonds, chopped
1/4 cup Vida Nibs (optional)
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 325oF.
2. Line 8-inch square pan with foil, then grease
with butter or non-stick spray.
3. In saucepan, melt Himalayan Pink Salt Caramels on low heat.
4. Add whipping cream, stir until blended and set aside
once completely melted.
5. In medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter
and dark chocolate, stirring frequently until chocolate
is smooth and completely melted.
6. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
7. Stir in chopped almonds and Vida Nibs (optional).
Add flour and salt.
8. Scrape half the batter into prepared pan.
Drizzle melted caramels over batter.
9. Pour remainder of batter over caramel drizzle.
10. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick in the centre
of brownies comes out clean.
11. Remove from oven. Let cool and serve.